Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thanks

by Rachel Vilencia on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 12:55am

I give thanks for the pain
the grief placed within
because it means I can feel

I give thanks for the tears
that fall though I fight
because they mean I can care

I give thanks for the troubles
that keep me up nights
because they mean victory

I give thanks for the anger
that burns inside out
because it means I won't settle

I give thanks for the screams
that still pierce my ears
because they give way for the silence

I give thanks for the storms
that shatter my defenses
because they wash my soul clean

I give thanks for the drama
that plays like a scene
because it means the academy is watching

I give thanks for the grief
the sadness for lost things
because it means I can be found

I give thanks for disappointment
whose voracity consumes
because it leaves room for renewal

I give thanks for my failures
that learn the hard lessons
because they mean transformation

No comments:

Post a Comment