Saturday, February 25, 2012

Catalyst

by Rachel Vilencia on Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 4:54am

I strayed far from a chosen path
To choose you
I veered so far left it caused me to circle

The distance, Grand Canyon wide
Was too hard to breach

Withdrawal became retreat
A mixture of hops your only confidant
Left me clammoring for a solution

The past, marrow deep
Was too hard to recover from

So you who "meant no harm"
Administered harm indeed
Right through the core of my trust

The sorrow, an ocean across
Was too hard to traverse

But instead of continued reflection
Words exchanged and rearranged
This "relationship" is now a catalyst

The growth, exponential and real
Will be my reward as I conquer

And find strength within
Leaving parts worth losing
Allowing my faith to heal

No comments:

Post a Comment