Friday, February 24, 2012

Crooked

by Rachel Vilencia on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 8:34pm

make straight this path
that veered off into selfishness
smooth the trouble chisled edges
designed to keep help at bay
remind me that things
don't have to be so tough
partner me with strength again
give way for healing peace
not more emotional regurgitations
coulda shoulda woulda beens
just what can forever be
walking in promises as yet unfulfilled
take the things no one sees
the emptiness, insecurity
fear of failure and lack of trust
and replace them with the knowledge
that nothing can fail in your love
or be separated from your grace
make straight this path
bring it back to where I was
before I stopped hearing
before I forgot my place
and make this vessel
able to carry your purpose again

No comments:

Post a Comment